6.07.2008

Seriously losing my mind

I've been a 'single parent' since Wednesday night and I'm about to lose it! Rob is at Woodbadge this weekend (intensive scout leader training) and I'm sure he is having a great time and all but it is TIME FOR HIM TO BE HOME!! NOW! In the roughly 60 hours since he has been gone and I have yelled at my kids, yelled at my mom, spent way more money then I should, made a total of 0 real meals (I did make some fab pear muffins though) done absolutely nothing to prepare for our week long camping trip that starts tomorrow, stressed out because I have to do sharing time on Father's day and can't for the life of me find a good dad day thing for the kids to do, my jaw is all out of whack for some reason so I'm in a lot of discomfort, stressed out about the primary newsletter I can't seem to get together, cried because Grace cut her hair, a dress, and a skirt with scissors I left lying around, and bought over 20 boxes of cereal. That last one sounds insane but isn't really. A local grocery store has a day that they sell cereal at $1.79 a box, the good stuff too, not the store brand cardboard stuff. I figure we should be set on cereal for the next 7-9 months. Anyway. I can't wait for Rob to be home tonight. Even though when he is here he usually has to be closed away in the study working on his thesis (almost done!), just knowing he is around and I can talk to him whenever I want to brings me a sense of stability and steadiness that I am sorely lacking right now. 

Hopefully today will be alright. We have swimming lessons this morning and will go straight to the salon from there to get Grace's hair fixed. She didn't do too much damage; she'll just have to have bangs now. I probably should just try to fix it myself, but I really don't believe anything I did with scissors would help the situation. Then we'll get some shopping done and come home to start packing. Oh! That's another thing. I have to have our Father's Day celebration and Grace's birthday all planned and ready before we leave tomorrow because I wont have time when we get home next Saturday. We had cereal (Lucky Charms! the kids are in heaven) and muffins for breakfast, and I'm planning on McDonald's for lunch and Papa Murphy's for dinner. Not really a nutritionally sound day by any stretch of the imagination. 
Also, if anyone has any good ideas that Sam, Grace, and I can do at a family talent show while we're in Utah in a few weeks, please send them along.

3 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

It is no fun when the husband is gone--try 3 months! That's what I'm going to have to deal with August through October on top of being pregnant and only being able to communicate via email! So I can fully relate. I'll just have to remember to keep scissors far out of reach!

NanaH said...

There are days like this. It helps keep us humble. And makes Grandparents laugh.

Spencer said...

I would like to see the "cup-dropping talent" of grace again for sure!! You deserve abreak Rachel. You better let me and Anna play with your kiddies in Utah so you can relax.