3.15.2010

Pinewood Derby, hiking, and walking

Sam's scout troop had their pinewood derby last weekend. Sam had a great time and won the award for the best hotrod. He actually had a very fast car and won every race it was in. Some of the older boys with more experience did have faster cars so he didn't place. Still, he had a great time and is already looking forward to next year.


We've been enjoying very nice weather here in Spokane so we've been trying to get outside more. I'm again so grateful that we have a huge backyard that I can send S&G out into to burn off some of their boundless energy. Here are some pictures of a little hike we took last Sunday. The Little Spokane River is just a few miles from our house and there is a lovely trail that runs along it all the way to the Spokane River. We only went about a mile down the trail because we had pizza dough rising back at home and were on a schedule. But we had a great time and plan on going back often this spring/summer.




Finally, here's a video of Eva walking. I took this about a month ago so she's even more agile now. I can't believe she's almost 1!

2 comments:

NanaH said...

Way to go Sam! I wish I was there to cheer you on. You will have to show me your car when we come visit. How can Eva be walking? She is so adorable! I miss all of you.

Maren and Blake said...

The weather has been so nice. I wish we would get out and hike too. It looks like you are having a nice time.

We are still planning on a Packer's weekend this weekend. Just let us know what time you are pulling into town. We can't wait.