10.05.2011

Autumn Leaves

Fall has been late in coming this year in Montana. Or so all the 'old-timers' say. Apparently we should have had our first snow by now, or at the very least the first frost. But last weekend we made it up to 90 and my tomato plants are still bursting with summery goodness.

However. Change is a-comin and coming soon. Eva and I go on walks down by the river while the kids are in school and we are seeing the leaves change color as the trees get ready for winter.

Here Eva holds out a fine specimen she picked herself.


There is not much in the way of reds and oranges in the foliage; mostly yellow. Here are some red leaves we found from a bush. I haven't seen any red on trees yet. You can get an idea from her shirt how windy it is here. I got this picture right before the gust of wind almost knocked her off her feet!


I thought Pullman was windy but it can't compare to Great Falls!

No comments: