3.14.2009

Baby Shower

Today my super sweet and amazing Visiting Teachers held a baby shower for me. I love baby showers, but I have to admit that I'd really rather go to someone else's shower then my own. Not that I don't appreciate the great gifts and fun times to be had, but I really am not comfortable being the center of attention. And sitting at the front of the room, opening gifts while EVERY SINGLE PERSON there is watching me... well, lets just say I was extremely flushed by the time it was all over. 

I had a great time, in spite of my bashfulness, and was so touched at how many people came. I suppose I tend to assume I have less friends then more, and so it is always wonderful to be reminded that there are a lot of people out there who care for me. The gifts were great and beautiful and much appreciated, be even more I am so grateful for the friendships that I have here in Pullman. This is such a great area and it breaks my heart every time I think that we have to move in a few months. But let's not talk about that right now. 
Thank you so much to all who came and participated and contributed to my shower! Little baby Packer will be the best dressed and diapered and blanketed and accessorized baby in Pullman whenever she decides to make her appearance (which really couldn't be too soon for my taste!)

3 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

And we all really had a lot of fun!! I hope you didn't get too "Flushed" except for getting too hot or something cause it looked like you were enjoying yourself!
We Love you and hate to see you go too!

Maren and Blake said...

They did a fantastic job with the shower. It didn't surprise me that tons of people were there, I mean you are well loved here. I am really going to miss you when you are gone. Who is going to have Friday game nights with us?

Letty said...

still want that bottle of caster oil?