4.04.2009

Luke 21:19

It has been a looooong sloooooow week here in the Packer household. I have spent countless hours wondering when my body would be returned to me; when the swelling in my hands, feet and face (not to mention tummy!) would go down; when my jaw would return to it's normal position; and most critically, when is this baby going to come!! I saw my doctor on Monday and we discussed my physical and mental state and came up with many options. The end of the conversation resulted in my being scheduled to be induced on Thursday. I can't even describe the ease this gave to my mind. Thursday was the perfect day to have a baby. My mother-in-law would be here to watch Sam and Grace, I could have a leisurely day or two in the hospital and come home in time to catch some of General Conference. Well, I should have known it was too good to be true. Almost 24 hours to the minute of my doctor visit, the hospital called to cancel. Lots of c-sections to be done on Thursday and there just wouldn't be personal to take care of me. Disappointing. I was rescheduled for Saturday. And can I just say that adding two extra days to my wait felt like two extra weeks or even months! But Saturday was going to be good too. Elaine would be still here to be with the kids, and there would be at least some time for her to be with her newest grand-daughter before she would have to go home Sunday afternoon. Well, it shouldn't be any surprise to hear that last night the hospital called and canceled again! This time there is a very sick baby in the nursery that is taking up all the nurses time. And how can I resent the sick baby for messing up my schedule? SO, now were looking at tomorrow for my induction which, if things progress quickly, means that Elaine may get a few minutes to see her grand-daughter for whom she's been here for 4 days waiting to see before she has to drive all the way back home. I have decided that maybe being induced just isn't in the cards for me this time and so if (when) the hospital calls today to cancel again hopefully I wont be too disappointed. As for going into labor on my own, I can't say that there has been any indication that baby Packer is ready and wanting to make an appearance. You know, a month ago I was convinced that I wouldn't go past 38 weeks, 39 at the very latest. Now here we are at DD+1 and I'm afraid that we'll go much beyond that. 

Now I'm going to go buy some baby plants so I'll at least of something to take care of since I don't have a baby at the moment!

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Dear Baby Packer,

Please make your appearance, your mom is miserable and there is tons of love to be had.

From, The Barnett's

Suzie-Q said...

My sister alwasys went over with her due dates Too. In fact she thought it would be much more fum to have a baby instead of come to my wedding!
Those babies just have a mind of thier own! And Aren't afriad to tell us that at a early stage!

Danielle said...

Oh you poor girl. I feel your pain! I hope the induction goes fast and easy for you! At least not the several DAYS long ones that I always seem to be in on. Since you will be in the hospital Sunday night (either with Baby Packer inside or HOPEFULLY outside)Sam is MORE then welcome to sleep over and then go to and from school with Garrick! Let me know! I'd call ya now, but you might already be in bed getting ready for your hopeful delivery tomorrow! I am at work tonight, but should be home by 4am, and up around 11am, but Than will be up with the kids by I'm sure 7am! PLEASE call us, I'd love to help!