10.11.2008

This would be funny, but...


This is the sight that met me after naps a few days ago in the study/sewing room. Thousands of sequins and, though you can't see them, tiny clear beads. They're all from an advent applique kit that I bought a few months ago. Grace decided not to nap like she's supposed to and snuck into the study to wreck havoc. Like the title of the post says, it would have been funny, except that I cleaned up the EXACT SAME MESS LAST WEEK!!!!! Last week she again decided not to nap and crept into the study, found the kit, which admittedly I left out in plain sight, got into the 6 different colors of sequins and threw them with reckless abandon around the room. It took me 3 straight hours to clean them all up and sort them back into their bags. I wasn't mad then. I mean, I was upset she got out of bed and she got in trouble for that, but what three year old could have resisted the temptation of thousands of shiny little things just begging to be tossed in the air?  So I wasn't mad, but I did make sure to put the kit away so she wouldn't find it again. So you can imagine my anger when I walked in the room on Wednesday and was greeted with the exact same mess. This time I was mad because she would have had to deliberately go looking for the kit to be able to find it. She MEANT to make then mess and she sure did get in trouble for it! This time I just scooped up all the beads and sequins and left them jumbled together in a little container. There's no way I'm going to be working on this project this year, so I'll deal with sorting later. Much later. Like when the sight of them wont make me irked at my daughter anymore. 

2 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Oh my what a mess!
That is too bad that she did it again. Good luck on getting out again, when you decide to.

Maren and Blake said...

I still love this story. I am sure it will be a story you will share when she is older. Maybe you could even give her kids some tips on how to drive their mom crazy.