10.17.2008

Turning point

So it probably is no secret that I haven't been jumping for joy about this pregnancy. Not that I didn't want to get pregnant; I mean, we did plan on this happening, but I've been feeling so lousy that its been hard to feel the motherly joy. I mean a few weeks ago I was kicking myself because I didn't think of getting a puppy or kitten to fulfill that maternal instinct and just went strait for the human. But last night I was at a Stake Primary meeting when out of the silence there came the sweetest sounds to a mother's ears. Those soft, cooing noises that only a baby that is a few weeks old can make. I looked across the room and saw the most adorable little bundle of childhood, and my heart made a little jump and I thought, 'oh! I want one of those!' And joy of joys, I realized that I HAVE one of those on the way. So I'm pleased to announce that I am no longer looking towards spring with indifference, but with anticipation; and though the great health and energy that is supposed to come with the second trimester continues to elude me, I think I can bare it now with more equanimity. 

3 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

I am glad that you realized that you already have one on the way. It is fun to finally have the baby here. I am very excited for you and can't hardle wait too!!

leslie said...

are you gonna find out what you're having?? i can't remember...

Katie said...

At the end of this pregnancy I was cursing myself. I was MISERABLE! I thought that there is no way I will ever be normal again. Now that Grant is here. I'd do it all over again. Really, babies are just so precious. I feel good again (except for the 40lbs I still need to lose) but life is good. Can't wait for Spring to hit and you get your bundle of joy too!