3.29.2008

Can't Win

We had a visit last night from the tooth fairy. I was of two minds about whether to invite her to our home or not. I don't mind having my children believe in Santa Clause, but I'm becoming more uncomfortable about the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy and others. However, we decided to give it a go. 

Sam walked into our room this morning very sad and whiney and pathetic. "Dad, the tooth fairy stole my tooth last night!" 
"Well, didn't she leave you some money?"
"But I wanted to keep my tooth for 9 days."(still whiney)
I explained to him that when he puts his tooth under his pillow that tells the tooth fairy that he's ready to give it to her. He wandered disconsolately out. 
A few minutes later he came back in...still sad
"Dad, I wanted the tooth fairy to give me dollars, not coins!"

So we're off to a rough start with the tooth fairy. Maybe it's a sign that we don't even need to have her here. Or maybe we just have an inexperienced fairy who doesn't quite know what she is doing yet!


6 comments:

StrykerLOVE said...

maybe you should have had a tooth fairy prep class for Sam - we don't do the Easter bunny but all other fairy and magical beings aloud in our house.

Broadbent Family said...

Looking at all of your pictures I can't believe how much your kids look like you. Sam reminds me so much of Spencer at that age.

Alleman Family said...

My friend does the tooth fairy but she brings a book instead of some money. Definately more expensive than the change laying around the house... but I love the concept. It's great to have an occations to buy kids books! We'll see what we do when Bry's a bit older. I heard on the radio just the other week that the average amount for a tooth is like $5!! Insane!!

leslie said...

ha! loved this post..... don't you just love being a parent?? at least he's not blaming you! maybe you could start blaming everything on the toothfairy. :)

Katie said...

My sisters get so into the toothfairy and leave sprinkles everywhere. What a stupid idea cause I know it's not the kids picking up that "fairy dust" I like the idea of leaving a book. That's cute.

Rachel said...

We love the tooth fairy. My mom would always leave sparkles and notes..so fun. I think Delaney still believes in the tooth fairy!! She is going to be 12 but hey!!