9.24.2007

Space, Glorious Space!

The big move is over and done with now and we are reveling in all our extra room. Thanks to our many willing helpers (hurrah for the Elder's Quorum!) and Rob's seriously fabulous ginger cookies to keep our energy up, we were able to move our entire household in about half a day. Of course, the cleaning and organizing will go on for awhile. I have pictures of the mayhem that is our new apartment, but for some reason they are not uploading in a timely manner and I need to get to bed. Suffice it to say, I do like our new place in spite of the hideously pink counter tops and the ghoul we have living in the water pipes (re: Harry Potter). We are no longer crammed in like so many sardines and we will even have space left over when everything is put away. Also we have new carpet and tile, which could very well be the only time in our lives that we ever have new carpet and tile. The layout is enough like the old place to make it feel homey and familiar, and enough different that Sam and Grace keep running into walls they are not expecting. (Alright, I admit I ran into a wall too, but in my defense it was the middle of the night and pitch black!) For those of you interested, our phone numbers stay the same and the address is also the same except for the apartment number, which is now B305. Good night!

4 comments:

StrykerLOVE said...

congrats i didn't know you were moving at this time. try to upload pics again esp of the pink countertops. btw mom hasn't cancelled her trip to see you this year silly - it just might not be in feb. also there is still talk on our part of the stryker reunion in washington this summer too. so you might get more then you bargined for.

Spencer said...

Rachel,
I like you blog template. Can I borrow? Also, from your last entry. Have you seen the new pirate movie? It's rated ARRRGHHHH!!

Spencer said...

ditto--i wanna see these pink countertops! I think spencer will be pretty jealous (we bought toothbrushes the other day and he chose pink...)

Nana said...

Hey, Pink is retro and they say red tints make people want to eat. I send me the ginger cookie recipe.