10.16.2007

Going to Ohio


During lunch today Sam decided that it was time for us to go on another car trip. He has chosen Ohio has our destination. Why, I really don't know. No matter how many times I tell him that no, we wont be going to Ohio any time soon, he is convinced that tomorrow after naps we are hitting the road. He has also decided that we will stop in Iowa to get out and run around to stretch our legs. Maybe we'll see Erin while we're there. I've explained to him that it would take us a LOOOOONG time to drive there, that he'd have to sit in his car seat for days, that he would get so bored and tired, but he has an answer for everything. We've looked on maps to see that it is at least 2000 miles away, MUCH farther then driving to Utah, which is the last long car trip that he remembers. At times I think I've got through to him. But a few minutes later I'll hear him tell Grace about what will happen tomorrow when we drive to Ohio. What do I do? Live with his disappointment I guess. Because as much as I want to be able to give my kids the things they want, I am NOT driving to Ohio tomorrow after naps.

In other news, Rob had a great weekend in Seattle with his family. His brother Rick got married Friday (finally, he's been with Candace for 5 years!). I stayed home with the kids because the wedding was not a kid friendly function and we didn't really have any child care options. Also our first big primary program practice was Sunday and since that is my deal, I had to be there for that. We had a mostly quiet weekend at home, except for when a moving truck ran into our building and took out a main support beam and demolished our neighbor's deck. A few apartments were deemed unsafe for living for a few days until they could build some new support frames. Luckily it was at the other end of the building from us so we were unaffected except for having to reassure Sam all weekend that no trucks were going to be taking out our deck. I couldn't get a picture since Rob had the camera in Seattle, but I'll try to scan in the picture from the paper and post it. ---except now I can't find the paper. Maybe Rob already tossed it. Oh well, if I find it, I'll post it on a later blog.
Meanwhile, here are some pictures from Rob's trip:

Here's Elaine, doing what she does at every wedding she's a part of, making last minutes fixes on the dress
Getting center pieces ready

Rob, doing his part

Rick and Candace got married on the top floor on one of the oldest sky scrapers in Seattle. The top floor was given to the owner of the building by the Empress of China. She sent over Chinese artisans and all the materials to build and decorate the room. Here's a shot of the ceiling. It's kind of hard to see from this picture, but all those tiles are inlaid into the ceiling.

The always popular Bride and Groom Eating shot.

3 comments:

Alleman Family said...

So I was reading some of your past blogs and the one about the road trip was really funny! So sorry to mock your pain, but really, the cat exploded!! I was laughing so hard! I have only had one speeding ticket and it was well deserved. I was totally breaking the law. I didn't even try to cry! And, by the way, why not Ohio?? Maybe you could have a run in with another little critter... squirrel, skunk, apossum... :)

StrykerLOVE said...

just let him have his dream of ohio - its like the imaginary friend. maybe is premonition about his mission call?!

Katie said...

Your stories crack me up. You should write a book and I'm being serious. You have a way with words that is just too funny.

The reunion was a lot of fun. Everybody looked perfect which ticked me off just a little bit... J/k I'll email you the juicy gossip, don't want just anyone able to read the details:) I posted pictures on my blog, but didn't take very many pictures.