10.29.2007

Sweet Relief

Yesterday was our Primary Program and now its OVER!!! At least until next year. From about mid July till now the program has never been far from my mind and it feels so relaxing to not have to think about it. I'm pleased to report that it went quite well. Since I was sitting on the stand with the children I couldn't see any funny faces or mishaps that may happen when you put 77 children all squished up together in a small space. But I felt that each child did their best and I believe that the people listening really felt the spirit and the children bore their testimony through the songs and their words. And that's really what I was going for.
Now that I don't have to stress about the program any more and have some free time to do fun things, Grace is sick. She woke up yesterday throwing up so she and Rob stayed home from church. We thought she was on the rebound by last night but she's spent most of the day today just laying around which for anyone who knows our little bundle of energy knows it is not normal. She's no longer throwing up which is so nice, but now it's coming out the other end. Not so nice. That end smells alot worse.

Saturday was Sam's last soccer class. He's really enjoyed doing this every Saturday and was especially excited to receive his own ball at the last class. I got some cute pictures, which I'll spare you, but I did get this action shot of Sam kicking the ball so hard he kicked his shoe right off!
After soccer we played at the toys at the park for a bit. The kids had a great time and we got to enjoy the lovely autumn weather.
And speaking of autumn, I made another pie yesterday. Cranberry Apple, but what I was really excited about was the pie crust. I used a new recipe which calls for vodka and subsequently have shocked my sisters and the primary president's husband who may never allow me around his kids again since I had to go to the liquor store and actually purchase alcohol. But it was so worth it. I'm not sure that I've ever had a better, more tender and flaky crust ever! And the alcohol all burns out in the oven so no hangover either!

4 comments:

Letty said...

Great JOB Rach. The program did go very well! I am so impressed by the way you can get the kids to be so reverent and attentive. It was really great!
I will have to try the Vodka version...sounds good. I opted for the apple crisp instead. I was feeling kinda in the oatmeal cinnamon mode.
I hope grace get better soon...

Katie said...

Sounds yummy. I want the recipe too. It would shock my in-laws:) Hope Grace is feeling better soon. We've had that going around our house too. Spencer will be fine for 2-3 days and then barf again. Crazy stuff. He's too little to make it to the toliet though so I prefer the other smelly end then puke on my carpet...

StrykerLOVE said...

cute sam - i will tell ethan and he will be glad of another cousin who finally knows how to play soccer

Nana said...

So sorry Grace is ill. Tell her Nana is hoping she gets better soon. Are you sure you want to have vodka around the house? Tell Sam what a great job he did on the pumpkin! It is lots better than ours!