9.01.2009

The Trials of Girls




What little girl hasn't tried to curl her hair by wrapping it around a comb? I distinctly remember trying it myself with a round brush when I was about 6. Grace had this comb wound so tightly in her hair I was afraid we'd have to pull out the scissors and start cutting. Luckily, I remembered a story I heard at the Idaho Jr. Miss competition two years ago. The emcee was discribing how she got her hair wound up in a round brush just hours before the final competition. While she, her mom, and her sister had hysterics, her dad calmly got his pliers out and pulled all the bristles out of the brush and released her hair. So that's what we did with Grace. I had to break the teeth off the comb, but it was a cheap one so it was fairly easy and not a loss to throw it away at the end. She did lose a little hunk of hair during the process, but nothing like the damages if we had had to cut the comb out. I think she learned her lesson so we wont have to be doing this again. At least not until Eva tries it!

3 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

I have never heard that little trick. I will have to keep that one for later. I am so happy that you didn't have to find a hair do for her right before school.
Hope that she learned form it and doesn't try it again. I think i may have done it more then once.

Carrie Medford said...

I'm dreading that day too. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure it will come in handy in the near future.

Maren and Blake said...

I will have to remember this. I got a my little pony (the one where the tail moved by itself) stuck in my sisters hair. sadly, her hair was cut extrememly short.