12.17.2007

Bah! Humbug!

I woke up this morning in a Christmas slump. Today was supposed to be my goodie baking day. We were going to get all our treats made, packaged up and handed out this evening for FHE. Maybe because Sam was pretty sick yesterday and had lingering phlegm today; maybe because I spend the morning in 4 different stores fighting crowds and melancholy for not having loads of cash; maybe because we had an unfortunate caramel episode last night; but I was just not in the mood for Christmas. Even the music was getting on my nerves. And it is only one week till Christmas Eve! How pathetic.
That confessed, I am feeling a bit more jolly this evening. I'm not going to get our treats out tonight by any means, but I did get some cookie dough made up and chilling in the fridge, and if I feel very ambitious, I'll make some fudge tonight while watching one of three movies that I have waiting. Maybe the fudge will wait for tomorrow. I've never made this recipe and so I had better give it my undivided attention, and one of the movies is due back at the library tomorrow, so it has priority. Christmas music is wafting gently from the computer without my hackles rising, and Sam is well enough that he can go to school tomorrow (yeah!). Perhaps all will be well with the world.

2 comments:

Letty said...

Yes I tooo found myself today trying to get all of those goodies made, while cleaning the house...bad combination I know, but alas I think I delivered most of my primary treats. ;0)
I think I will take a day off and attempt some more baking later.

StrykerMan said...

I haven't had an unfortunate caramel episode for awhile now. I hate when I have those.