12.18.2007

The Evils of Blogging

I was just taking a break from motherhood, reading a few different blogs. On a friend of a friend's blog I found a link to a blog of a girl that I grew up with and haven't seen or heard from in years! So I was reading up on what she's been doing when Grace come over with something on her thumb. I wasn't paying attention and told her to just go wash it. She came back with even more of it on her hands and complaining that it was stuck. When I finally started paying attention my first thought was that she had gotten wax on her finger, but as we have no burning candles that didn't make sense. So I asked her to show me what she had been touching. Super Glue. Joy. All over her hands, also in the mouth. I thought in her hair but mercifully not. It was all over the glue tube as well, so when I picked it up in got on my hands. Luckily nothing was actually stuck together (fingers, lips, whatever). I had a nice chat with the poison control lady so we know Grace wont be damaged by the glue. Its just a real pain to get off. And now I had better go see what she's gotten in to while I've been taking the time to blog about why I shouldn't spend so much time blogging!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I know what you mean. I should be sewing a blanket for my niece for Christmas and I'm blogging while the kids are sleeping. It's just so fun to read and relax... The sticky thing reminds me of a few weeks ago when they plowed the field behind our house we caught 5 mice!! Lily crawled into the sticky traps and it was all over her fingers for a few days. I would think I got it all off and then she would have fuzz stuck to her again...

StrykerLOVE said...

lol thats a pretty funny story - kind of like erin's email

Letty said...

Sooo Funny! Yes, Oscar decided to try out a razor on his forehead a couple of nights ago while I was making dinner. Yup, he got a little of poppy's hair too. And little cut on his head and finger to boot.
Luckily this wasn't a disaster but certainly could have been.

Alleman Family said...

Blogging IS evil. I get so cought up in everyone's fun news that I totally forget that I have a house to run... rooms to clean, little man to take care of... but it's so fun! I try to only do it when Bry takes a nap. Try being the operative word....