12.06.2007

Chocolaty Hazelnutty Goodness!


The other day I had buy some tahini which is down the isle of the grocery store that I don't normally go down. And wouldn't you know it, right next to the tahini was this little beauty. My will power to stick to my list flew right out the window, and before I knew it, I had the nutella and a bag of croissants in the cart and was booking it home. I just love this stuff! I can remember the very first time I had it; at the Tippetts' when Les baked up some croissants with nutella inside. Rapture! My good friend Sarah Ward and I used to buy it in Logan. I'm a little ashamed to say we could go through a whole jar in one day. But we were both pregnant at the time.
My kids being my kids, they were both hesitant about trying it right at first, which was really ok with me since that meant more for moi. But last night we had pancakes for dinner (mmmm, breakfast for dinner... Love it!) and Rob talked them both into trying a bite. Instant converts! I would start buying in regularly, but I can't help myself when it is in the house and end up eating it on everything and anything I can think of. Yesterday I had it on melba toast and pita bread. Maybe my new years resolution should be gaining some self control.

6 comments:

Letty said...

I love love nutella...my favorite is to eat it on crepes with some raspberries...but only as a "sometime food" otherwise I too can easily become addicted!

Alleman Family said...

Nutella, huh? I need to try this Manna from Heaven... where do I buy it here in Logan? Is it best on Croissants? I'll see if it's as good as you say! :)

Spencer said...

Haha--Rachel, I'm right there with you! In Uganda, my whole group lived off nutella! I would go through a whole jar in a day alone and I would eat it straight off a spoon!
P.S. It was great to talk to you last night! Thanks again for the AWESOME pizza recipe

StrykerLOVE said...

yum yum i have the urge to go shopping!

Jenny said...

I've never tried Nutella! I'm going to the store tomorrow!

Katie said...

Never heard of it? Is it just like a spread? I'll have to let Chad try it. He loves stuff like that.