1.20.2008

A slump

I just read an article on CNN.com about a researcher at Cardiff University who has theorized that January 21st will be the most depressing day of the year. He sites many factors such as post-holiday consumer debt, weather, and broken New Year's resolutions and has come up with a formula that calculates that tomorrow will be 'Blue's Monday'. There's something to look forward to. Not that I really believe this guy, but if tomorrow does turn out to be my most depressing of 2008, at least it'll be over and I'll have the rest of the year enjoy. However, we're going to Costco tomorrow, which is always a fun outing, so chances of melancholy are slim.

5 comments:

Letty said...

I would say that aside from making new year's resolutions, which I love, I really don't like the month of January a whole lot. I get a bit downsy with all of the cold and gloom...i sit and dream of Feb when I can start planting my start for spring.

Anonymous said...

January ain't so bad... it has brought us many things. New Presidents, professional football playoffs, and well, me. So don't go ragging on it. Especially the days after my birthday. ;)

StrykerMan said...

Rachel - weird that I'm reading this after posting a 1/21 blog titled "Post-nasal depression". It has been pretty depressing today. It was snowing bad this morning on my way to work (which took over an hour) and yes, I had to work on MLK day! Blaghh!!! Oh, and I had to blow my nose a lot today.

StrykerLOVE said...

rachel unlike my husband there above - my day wasn't too depressing... not amazing or anything, just ok and we even went to sonic to get 1/2 price drinks and slushes which made the day even a little more brighter

Katie said...

I hope it wasn't to bad for you. It snowed a ton here and I think I was on the verge of throwing Spencer out the window once or twice (that's most days though...), but it turned out not to be such a bad day.