4.07.2008

Pretzels

These don't look very pretty, I know. The dough took a lot longer to raise then I had planned for so when it came time to forming into pretzel shape I was rushing so I could get to an appointment on time (Doctor's...Grace has ear infections :( ). So I admit they are torturous, misshapen blobs. But, man o man, the taste! These are easily the best pretzel's I have ever had, bar none! The recipe comes from our new cookbook, Cook's Illustrated "Baking Illustrated". We got it just last week, but have already been baking up a storm. Rob used their pizza dough last night for dinner for the missionaries and I made a Boston Cream Pie for dessert. The BCP didn't really look all that great (presentation is obviously not my strong point), but like the pretzels the taste was phenomenal.
Rob pointed out the other day that cooking really is our hobby. I usually don't consider it a hobby, but as he pointed out, we spend more time, effort, and money on cooking then any of our other pastimes. At least we get good results!

3 comments:

StrykerLOVE said...

oh yummy - and you will have to practice a key lime pie and then make it when you come to visit or when we come to visit. that's my fav cream kind of pie! I think that cooking is a good hobby. I think I would do it if I had more patience for the clean-up with is a serious deterrent for me - (and the cost)

Letty said...

Umm...so you aren't going to post the recipe??? Sounds delicious! I think it is a great past time...I think cooking is a life long experiment, I love finding new and exciting recipes.

Katie said...

Hey send me the recipe. I've been on a cooking kick this past week. Chad asked me what got into me. Found a fabulous chicken recipe and made delicious home made cinnimon rolls. I told my sister I'd email her them so I'll email them to you too. I was just telling my momt he other day that I was craving pretzel. YUM! Yum!