8.14.2007

And so it begins


So I've been thinking about becoming a blogger for awhile now; at least a year I think. I just never seemed to get around to it but then Rob had to go and make a blog just yesterday and I couldn't let him have one and me not have one, so here I am. I confess that the main thing that has kept me from creating a blog is that I just couldn't come up with the right name. This one just popped into my head when I sat down at the computer today. It seems appropriate since I myself am petite and I imagine that most of what I write will be of small importance. I'm not so sure this blog will get alot of use or viewers, regardless of what cousin Sarah and Heidi say, but it could be fun. Here's a picture of my kids, Sam and Grace. Since they will probably be a main topic of conversation with me, it seems only fair that you should get a look at them.
Interesting fact for today: Over the weekend a grain silo just outside of town caught fire. Since then all of Pullman has smelt just like burnt toast.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Well done! The first step is the hardest. I should know as I have been blogging for a full day now.

You know, I hadn't thought about it but it does smell like burnt toast. And why does the smell seem stronger at night?

Spencer said...

Raquel,
Two days ago the Boyer family was discussing the blogger couples in the family. Someday soon I'll probably hop on the wagon. I love the picture of Sam and Grace. They look so different than I remember. So is a blog a journal or can it be used like email. For example, can I tell you news, like Anna bought Grace's dress for the wedding today? Anyway, tell the fam I said hello. Where's Rob's blog?

Jenny said...

I'm so excited that you've joined the blogging world. Blogging is the best thing since sliced bread (or burnt toast?). I'll be reading for sure. And your kids are so adorable, just like their parents!

Nana said...

I must say, I have the cutest grandchildren. At last, a chance for you to use your English degree!!!

Nana said...

Chantel's email is tillyloo@gmail.com