8.15.2007

recall

Our family has been affected by the toy recall. Of that what, 10 million toys recalled?, we bought one of them, a toy Sarge from the movie Cars, which has dangerous levels of lead in the paint. This has caused ripples in my sense of well being. Sarge is now sitting on top of the fridge, well out of reach of Sam and Grace. And whereas before he had an amusingly ferocious grimace on his face, now whenever I look up there I see a sinister glare starring right back at me. Sam is having a hard time understanding why he can't play with his car. We told him there was something wrong with the paint, but he has it fixed in his mind that there is something wrong with the color and wont stop asking me what color Sarge is going to be now. I also have to hope that the car wasn't made in the factory whose owner killed himself over the weekend. Though it would just be one little toy that would link us, I don't want to be connected to that despair.

On a lighter note, I am starting the arduous process of writing our Primary Sacrament Meeting Program today. Somewhere along the line when it became known that I am an English major the primary president decided that I was the best person to write the program. We have over 70 kids in primary, and I have to come up with a part for each and every one of them. I confess to the world of blogging that which I have yet had to courage to confess to anyone else. I DON"T WANT TO DO THIS!!!!! I suppose that it isn't so much that I don't think I can. More that I just really, really don't want to.

2 comments:

Letty said...

Poor Rachel! Sorry you got stuck with the tedious task of the program. As for myself, I will confide that I very much dislike handing out all of the hand out we get from various other orginizations!! Alas, if you need any help let me know! BTW I also have a blog and you can link to it from my title. :0) Welcome to the blog world!

Katie said...

Rachel! You are so funny and your kids are too cute! So glad you started a blog. We need to get the other chicas in on it Sarah, Michelle, Tiffany, Kami ect... It's a great way to see what everybody is doing. I too have to send back some Thomas the Train toys that have lead paint on them. Fun stuff. The problem is getting around to it. Argg...